Saturday, April 3, 2010

We Had a Baby! And We Named Her Harper.


So, I was scheduled to be induced at 6am but this sweet girl decided to throw me into labor at 2:04am. I woke up in disbelief; I thought 'no way, I can't be in labor!' So I laid there watching the clock and estimated my contractions to be 4 minutes apart. I woke Steve up at 2:25am and told him I thought I was in labor. And I couldn't remember if we were supposed to go to the hospital when the contractions were 3 or 5 minutes apart. Well, I decided we should go just to be safe because my labor with Gavin was only 6 1/2 hours long. We got to the hospital 3 hours early and she was born that morning at 10:38am. She was 6 pounds, 15 ounces and 19 inches long. She seemed so little compared with Gavin who was born at 8 pounds 7 ounces.

Either Harper is really small or Gavin is gigantic!

Hello! HELLO! Hey, this phone isn't working.

I'm a hat. I'm a boy. I'm a hat. I'm a boy. I'm a hat. I'm a boy. I'm a hat. I'm a boy.

5 comments:

Aimee Phipps said...

Congratulations to you both!!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations!! She is precious!

trevorandsarahtaylor said...

Yay! She's so beautiful!

elenapena said...

Angela, she's adorable! Good job you guys! When you first saw Gavin after having Harper did you say to your baby "you're HUGE!!!"? I did ... Viktor just got huge overnight all of the sudden. :)

Mindy and Larry said...

Congratulations, Angela and Steve! Your kids birth weights practically traded with ours! My first was 6lb12oz and my second was 8lb7oz! Your children are beautiful!!!!